Thursday, October 30, 2008

FE#3 Fall Holiday

A long time ago, we had a bugaboo day. But now we have just two fall holidays in Korea. First, October 3 is the National Foundation Day of Korea. Second. August 15 based on lunar calendar is Chuseok. Chuseok is really similar with Thanksgiving Day because it is also made for celebrating harvest. But Chuseok has another meaning too. Chuseok is a day that the moon is extremely close to the earth once in a year. So, most Koreans pray for the in wish to the full moon when time becomes midnight. We regard that the moon is sanctity. So, Chuseok is big holiday after New Year’s day. I love that, because my mother makes a lot of my favorite food in Chuseok.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love holidays where my mom does a lot of cooking. No one cooks like her and I miss it a lot!!